3 Easy-to-Implement Valentine’s Day Promo Ideas
January 13, 2020
3 FREE Tactics to Make Your Business Discoverable
January 27, 2020

3 Email Marketing Tips that Builds Customer Loyalty

It’s been stated that email marketing is 40 times more effective than social media. But what’s also more insightful is that purchasing decisions via email is at least 3 times faster than any other medium. So if you’re one of the contenders who think email is dead, think again. Email marketing is an insanely powerful marketing tool and can greatly be used to your business’s benefit to retain customer loyalty and push out promotions that will grab new audiences as well.

So without further ado, here are 3 crucial tips we highly recommend to implement in your marketing efforts.

 

OFFER AN INCENTIVE 

People are constantly bombarded by emails, so asking people to sign up for your “newsletter” can be a turn off on their part. No one wants to receive even more promotional emails. It’s best to offer some sort of incentive to get them to voluntarily subscribe to your email list.

Some examples can include:

  • A promotion code
  • A coupon
  • An exclusive video tutorial
  • Unlocking a discount

Giving people some sort of reward will highly encourage them to sign up willingly and it’s a great first impression to set especially on new potential customers. This will be a perfect gateway in nurturing the relationship with them in order to push for a sale.

 

BE A RESOURCE

Don’t fall in the trap of only emailing your clientele when you’re trying to push for a promotion or sale. This can end up to a high unsubscriber count. Instead, we recommend adopting the 80/20 rule where 80% of the time you’re emailing your customers with material that adds value to their life in order to earn the right to sell for the remaining 20%.

The goal is to become a resource to your clientele in order to become top of mind when they think about your industry. This is a sure way to become a go-to for the service that you’re offering.

Some of the ways you can add value:

  • Have an active blog that addresses some of their struggles
  • Show a tutorial of something they can implement at home
  • Share photo inspirations from Pinterest boards

The more helpful you become to your email list, the more customers will walk through your door. It’s also imperative to consistently send out emails, week in and week out. Choose one day a week at a specified time to create that loyalty effect.

 

COMPELLING SUBJECT LINES

Subject lines are super important when it comes to open rates. An open rate is the number of clients on your list who ended up looking at your email. When your subject lines are compelling and intrigue interest, it will result in higher open rates – which should be your goal at the end of the day. A healthy open rate is typically in the 20% range (depending on which industry you’re in).

Good subject lines often entail:

  • Eliciting a feeling or emotion
  • Has the “what’s in it for them” approach
  • The main takeaway of your email

 

Contact Us